Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dr. Appointment today....

I had my 17 week Dr. Appointment this morning and got to hear the heart beat - it was so loud- and she found it right away. WOW - It was 145..... My weight and everything looks great. They drew some blood for the second half of my triple screen and that was it. We will HOPEFULLY find out the sex of the baby at our next appointment on April 9th. When I was leaving the Doctor's office they asked me if I was hoping to find out the sex of the baby at my next appointment, I said "Oh YES please, I would like to find out TODAY if that is possible"lol - all the girls just laughed.....Can't blame for trying right? Scott took me to the Dr. today - I had a really bad morning - I woke up around five am with an EXCRUCIATING headache - It was so bad - I was crying, and moaning in my sleep - that was what woke me up - I could not get back to sleep - so I went to take some Tylenol and then instantly - my stomach was turning and I felt like I was going to gag - I ran into the bathroom and started throwing up. It was terrible - I was hoping to sleep in this morning since I didn't have to get to work so early. I feel much better now - thankfully. It was SO WEIRD.

*******************************************************************************

Baby Gender Prediction Based On Baby's Heart Rate

One of the popular theories on baby gender prediction is based on the baby's heart rate.

The theory states that if your baby's heart rate was 140 beats per minute and above, you would be having a girl. If the heart rate was under 140 beats per minute, then you would be having a boy.

While this would be a quick and easy baby gender prediction method, there is actully no evidence that this theory is accurate. There is recent study, "Sex, Heart Rate, and Age" from Terry J. DuBose, M.S., RDMS; Director Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which indicates there is no correlation between fetal heart rate and the gender of the baby.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope your pregnancy gets better. Night headaches are the worst thing. Then when you try to do something about it, and it messes up your stomach...I don't even want to go back to those days!!

    I hope all is well. Can you believe our babies are going to be 4?!

    ReplyDelete