Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I thought it was fun and decided to share the list.....
44 Things Every Kid Should Do Before Turning 8
By Chris Erikson
We rounded up a bunch of talented, witty, and cool people to share the greatest moments of childhood.
Billionaire Donald Trump
1. Learn to manage your allowance, and think of the best ways to use it.
First Lady of California Maria Shriver
2. Run in the sprinklers. And make sure at least one of your parents runs with you.
Music Man Dan Zanes
3. Take part in a march for peace. Or something else you believe in. I recommend making a colorful sign to march with.
4. Ride a roller coaster.
5. Play tag in the rain.
Wildlife Expert Jeff Corwin
6. Watch tadpoles hatch into frogs.
7. Catch and eat your own fish.
8. Learn a bit about astronomy and observe the stars.
Star of Stage, Screen, and Page John Lithgow
9. Go to one -- or more -- major-league ball games.
10. Read at least one chapter book from start to finish.
11. Suffer a major disappointment and learn to live with it.
Super Scientist Vicki Cobb
12. Experiment to find out how many different ways you can squirt water out of your mouth.
Hip Teen Oliver Saks
13. Learn how to ride a bike. I'm talking a two-wheeler without training wheels and extra points for gears.
14. Travel to the moon. Nothing is impossible before you're 8.
15. Get exactly the haircut you want -- not the one your parents want.
Critter Creator Sandra Boynton
16. Make a yarn pom-pom. It's very zen and very soothing.
17. earnLay igPay atinLay.
18. Make up a recipe, cook it, and name it. (Bad example: "Anchovy Peanut Butter Surprise.")
19. Write a song, then sing it for three people and one animal. It could be a stuffed animal. But they tend to be more critical than live ones are.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I was playin and made this little alpha - so feel free to use it if you'd like...
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I have joined ranks to work on a
Mega Freebie Colab Kit blog train
with some aspiring designers.
This kit is featuring some LOVELY spring/summer
colors and it should be a lot of fun!
If your interested in joining up -
please email me so I can link you up with my yahoo group.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
I am putting the finishing touches on a brand new FREEBIE kit that I have named "Strawberry Wine"....Here is a sneak peek at the color palette - be sure to check back soon....
I have to make a preview and I HATE making previews.
I am terrible at it...lol
Have a great day!
One day closer to FRIDAY!!!!!!!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Eva Kipler offered up this GREAT Freebie desktop -
and it is JUST TOO CUTE!
Using her Puddles Of Sunshine Kit!
Here is what I did with it!
I love her designs and her Blog is one I visit daily.
Thanks Eva for your generosity!!!
If you like it - you can pick one up here.....
The Digital Scrapbooking Community has come together to help raise money for all that suffer from Autism. The collaboration was a result of 39 designers each contributing to create this gorgeous and custom digital scrapbooking kit! The kit includes over 300 pieces of
backgrounds, elements, ribbons, bows, flowers and more! Included is also some beautiful word art & poetry about autism.
This beautiful kit is a free gift to anyone that makes a donation. Your donation money goes directly to Autism Speaks TM.
Once your contribution is complete, simply forward a copy of your receipt to Tammy Albright at email@example.com and she will send you the links to download this gorgeous collection!
Make your donation here: http://www.walknowforautism.org/tenn/personal/mckayla_digikit
Snag this blinkie to help show your support.
WHAT A GREAT CAUSE!!!!